SSE Unlimited Fibre Broadband with Line Rental
Averages 35Mb download speed
Special offer: 18 months reduced price + 60-Day Happiness Guarantee + no activation fee!
Add Evening & Weekend calls for an extra £4 a month, Anytime calls for £8 month, or Anytime Plus for £12 a month!
|Speed||Usage||Contract||Setup||1st Year Cost|
£23.00 for the first 18 months
No setup costs
No activation, equipment or delivery charges (there may also be an upfront charge for your phoneline*)
Averages 35Mb download speed
Averages 9Mb upload speed
Your provider should give speed estimates before you sign up
Average Speed is the speed achieved by 50% of customers on the same product during peak hours of 8pm to 10pm
£276.00 first year cost
Unlimited download/upload allowance
Minimum contract 18 months
You should be informed of any mid-contract price rises and then given 30 days to optionally leave your contract without penalty
Telephone line must be switched to SSE, line rental included in the monthly cost
Only pay for the calls you use
60-Day Happiness Guarantee, if you're not happy with the SSE service you can leave penalty-free within the first 60 days.
UK-based support online and over the phone
Internet security suite includes antivirus, firewall and parental controls to restrict internet access to minors. After the 18 month initial term, the subscription price is £2 per month (may be cancelled at any time)
Peer to peer and similar traffic may be limited during peak times to ensure priority is given to other traffic and not slow down other customers.
* Customers taking out phone & broadband with SSE may be charged an upfront cost for their phone line. If customers don't have a phone line they will need to pay a 'New line provision' charge of £60. If customers need a 'LLU line conversion' to take SSE's phone and broadband service there will be a charge of £36.91.
Only pay for the calls you use Call Plan
20p setup fee applies to all non-inclusive calls. Inclusive Talk calls are for (i) local and national numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03 and (ii) 0845 & 0870 numbers. Excludes indirect access numbers and dial-up internet access. Inclusive calls are free up to 70 minutes. Any call duration over 70 minutes will be charged. Redial before 70 minutes to avoid charges.
Fair use policy applies - maximum 1,000 minutes or 150 calls a month; whichever you reach first. If either of these limits is exceeded SSE will charge for these calls at the equivalent rate for non-inclusive periods. Daytime calls mean from 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday; Evening calls before 7am and after 7pm Monday to Friday; Weekend calls midnight Friday to midnight Sunday. For more information about call charges, see the Call Charges and Tariff Information PDF available from SSE product pages.
10p-23p/minute access charge applies to all non-inclusive 084, 087, 09 and 118 numbers. The organisation you are calling may also apply a service charge, you should be informed off this before you call.
|Period||Local Calls||Other Customers||National Calls||0845 Calls||0870 Calls||Freephone Calls|
- Low priced phone and broadband services
- Happiness guarantee - cancel without penalty in the first 60 days
- Same low prices wherever you live
Please note, customers taking out phone & broadband with SSE may be charged an upfront cost for their phone line. If customers don't have a phone line they will need to pay a 'New line provision' charge of £60. If customers need a 'LLU line conversion' to take SSE's phone and broadband service there will be a charge of £36.91.
Reasons to choose SSE
- Affordable - one of the cheapest providers in the UK
- Phone bundles - bundles include pay as you go or anytime calls◊, other options available on request
- The SSE TG589vac v2 high-performance router with its strong signal, security and transfer speeds
- 18 months fixed price plans - only changes to VAT or a similar taxes can increase it
- Stand-alone broadband available - give SSE a call to sign up without a call package, connection charges apply#
- No short contracts - all packages are on an 18 month contract
- Limited extras - the free router and security suite are the only extras
- Budget provider - may prioritise low price over other considerations
SSE details last checked on 2019-02-05