SSE Unlimited Broadband with Line Rental
Averages 11Mb download speed
Special offer: 18 months reduced fixed price + 60-Day Happiness Guarantee + no activation fee!
Add Evening & Weekend calls for an extra £4 a month, Anytime calls for £8 month, or Anytime Plus for £12 a month!
|Speed||Usage||Contract||Setup||1st Year Cost|
£18.00 for the first 18 months
No setup costs
No activation, equipment or delivery charges (there may also be an upfront charge for your phoneline*)
Averages 11Mb download speed
Averages 1Mb upload speed
Your provider should give speed estimates before you sign up
Average Speed is the speed achieved by 50% of customers on the same product during peak hours of 8pm to 10pm
£216.00 first year cost
Unlimited download/upload allowance
Minimum contract 18 months
SSE guarantee no price hikes during your 18 month contract term, you should be notified of any price rises after this point
Telephone line must be switched to SSE, line rental included in the monthly cost
60-Day Happiness Guarantee, if you're not happy with the SSE service you can leave penalty-free within the first 60 days.
AC-Rated Wireless Router, the SSE router is a high-performance router with a strong signal, security and transfer speeds
Only pay for the calls you use
Internet security suite includes antivirus, firewall and parental controls to restrict internet access to minors. After the 18 month initial term, the subscription price is £2 per month (may be cancelled at any time)
Peer to peer and similar traffic may be limited during peak times to ensure priority is given to other traffic and not slow down other customers.
* Customers taking out phone & broadband with SSE may be charged an upfront cost for their phone line. If customers don't have a phone line they will need to pay a 'New line provision' charge of £60. If customers need a 'LLU line conversion' to take SSE's phone and broadband service there will be a charge of £36.91.
Only pay for the calls you use Call Plan
23p setup fee applies to all non-inclusive calls. A 15p-28p/minute access charge applies to all non-inclusive 084, 087, 09 and 118 numbers. The organisation you are calling may also apply a service charge, you should be informed off this before you call.
|Period||Local Calls||National Calls||Mobile Calls||0845 Calls||0870 Calls||Freephone Calls|
- Low priced phone and broadband services
- Zero price hikes during the 18 month contract
- Happiness guarantee - cancel without penalty in the first 60 days
- Available outside of most providers' low cost areas
- Same low prices wherever you live
- Additional discounts and savings when taken with SSE Energy
Please note, customers taking out phone & broadband with SSE may be charged an upfront cost for their phone line. If customers don't have a phone line they will need to pay a 'New line provision' charge of £60. If customers need a 'LLU line conversion' to take SSE's phone and broadband service there will be a charge of £36.91.
Reasons to choose SSE
- Affordable - among the cheapest providers in the UK
- Phone bundles - choose from a range of call plans, or just pay for what you use
- High end router - all broadband users get a free Technicolor DWA0120 router with fast performance, strong signal and parental controls
- Fixed price - SSE guarantees zero price hikes during the 18 month contract term
- Happiness guarantee - you can cancel your SSE deal within 60 days without penalty if you aren't happy with it
- Discounts and savings with SSE Energy - Add SSE Energy to your order and receive free broadband activation, 5% off Energy and a free Fibre Plus speed boost
- 18 months fixed price plans - only changes to VAT or a similar taxes can increase it
- SSE Reward scheme - Offering benefits at The SSE Arena, Wembley, and The SSE Hydro in Glasgow
- No short contracts - all packages are on an 18 month contract
- Limited extras - the free router and arena Reward scheme are among a handful of free extras
- Budget provider - may prioritise low price over other considerations
SSE details last checked on 2020-11-23