Posted on 2018-06-29 14:32 in News Offers TalkTalk
TalkTalk's low-price offers on broadband are now even better with their new WiFi Hub.
The WiFi Hub, worth £120, can be selected at the point of purchase instead of the current TalkTalk Super Router. It offers several improvements over the older model, including:
- Simple set up - the hub comes pre-configured, so you only need to plug it in and switch it and you're good to go
- Twice as fast - the WiFi connection on the new hub is twice as fast as the Super Router
- Connect more devices - the Super Router allowed you to connect 1-4 devices, this has been increased to up to 9 devices on the WiFi Hub
- Stable connection - the hub uses advanced technology that helps break through interference, making the connection more stable throughout the home
- Smart WiFi - the hub recognises connected devices and adjust the signal to give them the best speeds for their needs
Of course, you'll be wanting a broadband package to go along with this fantastic WiFi Hub, and TalkTalk have some great offers on right now. Sign up before the end of the 13th of July and get a TalkTalk fibre deal from just £22.50 a month on an 18 month contract! Your chosen package will come with:
- Fast, totally unlimited broadband with speeds with speeds averaging at 35Mb, or 63Mb* if it's available in your area
- Guaranteed fixed price for the full 18 month contract
- FREE activation when you sign up online
- Phone packages are available on all deals with the option to add mobile calls for just £7.50 a month
If fibre isn't available in your area yet you can still get TalkTalk's standard Fast Broadband package. For just £17 a month on a 12 month contract you can get speeds that average at 11Mb* along with the other features available with fibre packages.
You could also throw a TV package into the bundle, as TalkTalk offer TV options* with all their broadband packages. You'll get the benefits that come with broadband, along with:
- 80+ Freeview channels, with 15 in HD
- On Demand, including iPlayer, ITV Player and All4
- Rent the latest blockbuster movies from only £4
- TV Select, with 15 of the nation's favourite channels, including 6 Sky channels
- Personalise your package by adding extra channels like Kids TV, Sky Cinema and Sky Sports on a flexible one month contract
Or you can go with TalkTalk's TV Plus package* and get extra features, such as:
- Record up to 180 hours of live TV
- 7 Day catch-up
- 30 extra entertainment channels
If you're already a TalkTalk customer, you can still upgrade to a Fibre package or add a TV package easily!
Interested? Head on over to TalkTalk to get started!
* Broadband speed will vary depending on your location (your exact speed estimate will be given at point of sale). Use our postcode checker to find what speeds are available in your area. TalkTalk TV or TV Plus box required, cost £25. You need to connect your TalkTalk TV Box to the internet and your TV aerial. Offer ends 2018-07-13.
Posted on 2017-04-12 13:46 in News EE Virgin Media Sky BT TalkTalk
Loyal customers who stick with their broadband provider end up paying on average 43% more than if they had switched.
Research by Citizens Advice has cast a light on the way the major providers hike their prices once a contract has ended. Customers who choose to keep their existing deal instead of shopping around find themselves paying an average of £113 extra each year in what has been dubbed a "loyalty penalty".
Citizens Advice analysed the cheapest broadband deals from the UK's five largest suppliers. They found that Virgin Media was the only one that did not bump its prices at the end of the initial contract period. The other four saw increases of as much as 67%.
- BT - the price rises from £24.49 to £40.99 after 12 months. An increase of 67%, amounting to £198 per year.
- TalkTalk - the price goes from £20 to £25.50 after 24 months. An increase of 28%, or £66 per year.
- Sky - after 12 months the price rises from £18.99 to £28.99. An increase of 53%, or £120 per year.
- EE - the price rises from £21 to £28.50 after 18 months. An increase of 36%, amounting to £90 extra per year.
- Virgin Media - the cheapest deal is £32.25 per month for 12 months. The price doesn't rise at the end of the contract.
The report found that more than a third of customers didn't realise that prices could go up once their contract had ended. It also found that customers stay on the same deal for an average of four years, which ends up costing them as much as £594 extra.
Those over 65 or on lower incomes were significantly more likely to stick with a deal for more 10 years.
Time to switch
The study highlights the fact that it's more important than ever to shop around for the best broadband deal. Our Ofcom-approved price comparison service helps you find the best and cheapest packages available for your postcode.
Switching broadband providers is easier than you might expect. In most cases, your new provider will handle all aspects of the switchover. You should experience no loss of service, and you won't even need to inform your old supplier that you're leaving. Read our guide to switching broadband providers to see how the process works.
Citizens Advice is calling for greater clarity in how providers advertise their services, and also to inform customers by text when the fixed price comes to an end.
Gillian Guy, chief executive of Citizens Advice, said, “People often choose their broadband deals based on the price that works for them - but our evidence shows that many do not realise the price will rise after the end of the fixed deal. The government has rightly put energy firms on warning for how they treat loyal customers - the actions of broadband firms warrant similar scrutiny. Extra protections for vulnerable consumers are also a must.”
The moral of the story is clear: loyalty doesn't pay. Once your contract is up, find a new provider. There are some incredible deals to be had on both standard and fibre broadband, and if you're lucky you might even bag an awesome free gift at the same time.
So don't delay. Click here to visit our postcode checker and you can start saving money today.