Posted on 2018-09-19 10:56 in Offers TalkTalk
For many universities Freshers Week is underway, meaning that term starts soon. If you're returning to your student house or about to move in to a new house share, now's the time to snap up those last minute student broadband offers!
If you'll be sharing your internet connection with a group of friends then superfast broadband is a must have, and in most areas that means fibre-to-the-cabinet services, like TalkTalk Faster Fibre.
You'll need that faster speed if you're planning to watch streaming video services like iPlayer, Netflix, Prime Video or NOW TV - especially if your housemates will be streaming at the same time as you. Then add online coursework submission, gaming and cloud storage like iCloud, DropBox and OneDrive, and fibre broadband begins to look like an essential for your student house.
But a common downside of fibre for students is the 18 month minimum contracts, that's why TalkTalk are offering students their Faster Fibre product on a shorter 12 months contract!
For just £30 a month you'll get unlimited fibre broadband with an average download speed of 36Mb*, the price is fixed for the entire length of the 12 month contract and there's no upfront cost if you already have a phone line installed.
If you need higher download speeds, you can opt for the Speed Boost for only £2.50 extra per month and gain an average download speed of 63Mb*.
To sweeten the deal, we've teamed up with TalkTalk to offer an exclusive £100 reward**; either a Great British Pub Card, The Restaurant Card, a Tesco voucher or an Amazon gift card - just sign up online for one of the TalkTalk Faster Fibre student deals via Broadband.co.uk by the 27th of September!
If you don't need fibre, TalkTalk also offers the UK's lowest priced phone line broadband deal - TalkTalk Fast Broadband is just £17 per month fixed price for 12 months with no upfront cost!
And if you need an even shorter contract term, check out our student guide.
* Speeds only available in fibre-enabled areas. Average speeds are based on those achieved by 50% of customers during peak hours of 8pm to 10pm. Your broadband speed will vary depending on factors such as your location and distance from the street cabinet (your exact speed estimate will be given at point of sale). Use our postcode checker to find what speeds are available in your area.
** Choice of £100 voucher available to new customers when your purchase TalkTalk Faster Fibre for Students or Faster Fibre with Speed Boost for Students through Broadband.co.uk via our exclusive giftcloud voucher sign-up page before 27th of September 2018. Orders completed through webchat or via telesales are not eligible. You must provide your email address. It will take up to 90 days from purchase for your voucher code to be emailed. Further terms and conditions apply, click through for full details.
Posted on 2018-06-29 14:32 in News Offers TalkTalk
TalkTalk's low-price offers on broadband are now even better with their new WiFi Hub.
The WiFi Hub, worth £120, can be selected at the point of purchase instead of the current TalkTalk Super Router. It offers several improvements over the older model, including:
- Simple set up - the hub comes pre-configured, so you only need to plug it in and switch it and you're good to go
- Twice as fast - the WiFi connection on the new hub is twice as fast as the Super Router
- Connect more devices - the Super Router allowed you to connect 1-4 devices, this has been increased to up to 9 devices on the WiFi Hub
- Stable connection - the hub uses advanced technology that helps break through interference, making the connection more stable throughout the home
- Smart WiFi - the hub recognises connected devices and adjust the signal to give them the best speeds for their needs
Of course, you'll be wanting a broadband package to go along with this fantastic WiFi Hub, and TalkTalk have some great offers on right now. Sign up before the end of the 13th of July and get a TalkTalk fibre deal from just £22.50 a month on an 18 month contract! Your chosen package will come with:
- Fast, totally unlimited broadband with speeds with speeds averaging at 35Mb, or 63Mb* if it's available in your area
- Guaranteed fixed price for the full 18 month contract
- FREE activation when you sign up online
- Phone packages are available on all deals with the option to add mobile calls for just £7.50 a month
If fibre isn't available in your area yet you can still get TalkTalk's standard Fast Broadband package. For just £17 a month on a 12 month contract you can get speeds that average at 11Mb* along with the other features available with fibre packages.
You could also throw a TV package into the bundle, as TalkTalk offer TV options* with all their broadband packages. You'll get the benefits that come with broadband, along with:
- 80+ Freeview channels, with 15 in HD
- On Demand, including iPlayer, ITV Player and All4
- Rent the latest blockbuster movies from only £4
- TV Select, with 15 of the nation's favourite channels, including 6 Sky channels
- Personalise your package by adding extra channels like Kids TV, Sky Cinema and Sky Sports on a flexible one month contract
Or you can go with TalkTalk's TV Plus package* and get extra features, such as:
- Record up to 180 hours of live TV
- 7 Day catch-up
- 30 extra entertainment channels
If you're already a TalkTalk customer, you can still upgrade to a Fibre package or add a TV package easily!
Interested? Head on over to TalkTalk to get started!
* Broadband speed will vary depending on your location (your exact speed estimate will be given at point of sale). Use our postcode checker to find what speeds are available in your area. TalkTalk TV or TV Plus box required, cost £25. You need to connect your TalkTalk TV Box to the internet and your TV aerial. Offer ends 2018-07-13.