Virgin Media VIVID 350 plus Phone
Averages 362Mb download speed
Virgin Media Sale: 12 months reduced price + WiFi on the Tube + no activation fee online!
350Mb speed availability subject to line check by Virgin Media
Includes free weekend calls!
0800 083 8870
|Speed||Usage||Contract||Setup||1st Year Cost|
£37.00 for the first 12 months
£25.00 total setup cost
No activation fee when you sign up online (standard engineer installation may cost £40 extra if required instead of Quickstart Self-Install), £25.00 equipment postage and packaging
Averages 362Mb download speed
Averages 21Mb upload speed
Your provider should give speed estimates before you sign up
Average Speed is the speed achieved by 50% of customers on the same product during peak hours of 8pm to 10pm
£469.00 first year cost
Unlimited download/upload allowance, some fair usage restrictions apply, see site for details
Minimum contract 12 months
You should be informed of any mid-contract price rises and then given 30 days to optionally leave your contract without penalty
Telephone line must be switched to Virgin Media, line rental included in the monthly cost
Inclusive Virgin Media Super Hub 802.11ac Wireless Router
Inclusive SmartCall, use the free app to use inclusive calls from your Virgin home phone talk plan on your mobile over WiFi
WiFi on the Tube, get free WiFi access on the London Underground
Virgin Media Talk Weekends, call plan offering unlimited weekend calls to UK landlines (numbers starting 01, 02 and 03)
24 hour technical support by phone or online
11 email addresses
Free anti-malware protection, firewall and parental controls for up to 3 PCs.
Virgin Media have published a Traffic Management Policy
You are viewing the version of this deal available with a 12 month contract. There is a slower, more expensive, shorter contract, more expensive setup and additional inclusive phone call plan version of this deal available with a 30 day rolling contract.
Virgin Media Talk Weekends Call Plan
Connection fee of 21p applies to chargeable calls, such as those outside of the inclusive period, service numbers excluded.
Access charge of 11.25p per minute will apply to 087x/084x service numbers called outside of the inclusive calling period. Non-inclusive calls to these numbers will be subject to additional service charges from the owner of the phone number, which will not exceed 7p per minute or 7p per call for 084x numbers and will not exceed 13p per minute or 13p per call for 087x numbers.
First 60 minutes of inclusive calls are free, minutes used thereafter charged at the standard rate and the connection fee will apply. Hang up and redial to avoid these costs.
|Period||Local Calls||Other Customers||National Calls||0845 Calls||0870 Calls||Freephone Calls|
|All other times||12p/minute||12p/minute||12p/minute||11.25p/minute||11.25p/minute||Free|
Weekend: Midnight Friday - Midnight Sunday
About Virgin Media
- Fastest widely available broadband speed - with average download speeds of 362Mb on their fastest packages
- Large range of TV and phone broadband bundles available, as well as broadband-only packages
- Line rental cheaper than BT, also available with no phone line or line rental required
- Technical support and repairs are free of charge
- Free Super Hub with advanced 802.11ac wireless technology with all deals
- Free WiFi on the London Underground
Reasons to choose Virgin Media
- No need for line rental if you opt for a broadband-only deal - cable to the property allows for broadband-only packages
- Fastest widely available provider in the UK, averaging 362Mb download speed, more than 5 times that of BT FTTC, which is currently averaging 67Mb on its fastest speed
- Consistently the fastest of the big national providers in our monthly speed test report
- Super Hub router standard on all deals offers 802.11ac advanced wireless technology with faster speeds at a distance
- Equipment is 'rented', meaning Virgin provides free repairs and replacements (provided that the customer hasn't abused the equipment)
- No switching hassle - different technology, can run concurrently with ADSL while one or the other is set up
- TV services provided by underground high speed cables so not affected by storms or heavy usage of your broadband service
- With Netflix on Tivo, Virgin Media has more TV Box Sets on demand on the latest shows than any other online subscription service
- Rated highest for reliability out of all TV with broadband providers by Broadband.co.uk vistors
- Virgin’s traffic management policies may reduce your broadband speed at peak times, although this only affects peer to peer file sharing traffic and upload speeds for the top 5% of uploaders
- Only available to around 65% of the UK, ruling out the vast majority of rural areas, but their footprint is growing
Virgin Media details last checked on 2019-01-21