EE - incorportating the Orange and T-Mobile brands - boasts the largest 2G, 3G and 4G mobile network coverage areas
- By far the largest 4G network - 73% of the UK's population covered
- Double speed 4G now rolling out to enabled cities and towns
- Usage allowances of up to 50GB
- 1 month rolling contracts available
- EE Film free downloads and 2 for 1 Wednesday cinema tickets
- Inclusive WiFi data including London Underground coverage
EE Mobile Personal WiFi
£13.00 per month
24 month contract
- Double speed 4G on many plans
- From 1GB to 50GB usage
- Free mobile WiFi device
- SIM only plans available
- No upfront cost
- 24 month and 30 day contracts
EE Mobile Tablet Bundles
£26.00 per month
24 month contract
- Tablets with built in 4G
- Android and iOS tablet options
- From 3GB to 8GB usage
- Double speed 4G on many plans
- From £29 upfront tablet cost
- 24 month contract
EE Mobile Pay As You Go
£10.00 per month
0 month contract
- No contract and no commitment
- Topups from £3 for 100MB for 1 day
- £10 for 1GB for 30 days
- £15 for 2GB for 30 days
- Up to £30 for 10GB for 30 days
- Devices from £59.99 with 2GB data
Reasons to choose EE
- The largest 2G, 3G and 4G coverage areas
- Significant 4G headstart on other networks meaning that 60% of the UK is already covered
- Confirmed to be the UK's fastest 4G broadband by RootMetrics testing, with double speed 4G now rolling out
- The only way to access 4G speeds on the Orange and T-Mobile networks
- The only mobile broadband provider to offer larger usage allowances equivalent to many fixed line services
- EE Film offers a film store, discount rentals, free downloads and 2 for 1 cinema tickets
- Inclusive WiFi on over 200,000 BT OpenZone WiFi hotspots, and on the London Underground
- A variety of options available including 1 month rolling contracts and many different types of bundled hardware, or SIM-only
- Fast Track Service for support allows you to access a specialist for your device when you press 33
- Largest inclusive usage allowances are expensive and only available on a 24 month contract
Features at a glance
Up to 40Mb, actual speeds achieved depends on signal strength and how many people are using the service in your area
1, 18 and 24 month contracts available
Up to 50GB on 24 month contracts
Free connection on some deals
Support online and via the phone, includes a Fast Track Service - press 33 at any time to go straight through to an expert who specialises in your type of device
EE Film with free weekly downloads and 2 for 1 cinema tickets on Wednesdays
Inclusive WiFi data on all deals, including coverage on the London Underground
USB dongles and WiFi personal hotspots available
Extra data can be purchased in the form of a data pass at £6 for 500MB or £15 for 2GB
Details last checked on 2014-09-22
30 day contracts from £10 with 1GB usage, upfront cost £39.99 for the dongle
Details last checked on 2014-09-22
Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for EE Mobile.
Overall Customer Ratings
- Customer Service
Based on 39 customer ratings since 2013-04-05
I upgraded my T-Mobile mobile broadband - to EE. I agreed £15 pcm for 10GB with a free Eagle. Now being charged £125.91 + VAT! I have spoken to T Mobile and they said they would speak to EE! No one called me back - call centre service is very poor.
|Matt||Co Durham||EE Mobile Tablet Bundles||2014-09-20|
I have had an issue of my CC being deducted for a PAYG top up and not then showing on the mobile account. 6 calls with a call centre in India - phones being put down - lied to about what would be done and when - 2 weeks of not having a phone working and clear evidence supplied of money being paid to Orange/EE, I called the CEO office - all resolved immediately. PAK code etc etc all done immediately and credit to be paid in 14 working days (?). Call 0800 0790032. But what a shower of a company.
Being charged almost £50 for a broadband dongle I was told I had to register and yet they had no knowledge of my account. Haven't been able to use it and they are totally unwilling to take any responsibility. Terrible service
EE Mobile Buyers Guide
Can I get EE mobile broadband?
EE mobile broadband should work almost anywhere there's EE mobile phone coverage, but the speeds possible will vary greatly based on what type of network coverage is available.
EE provides a coverage checker which should allow you to enter any postcode and see 4G, 3G and 2G data coverage strength. In some areas coverage will only be strong if you're connecting from outdoors or near a window, while in others you may be able to connect from inside buildings.
When you can't get faster services, your connection should automatically switch to the next fastest available protocol.
Even when you can't get a signal, EE also offers you access to over 200,000 BT Openzone WiFi hotspots, and you can even connect to WiFi from many London Underground stations!
If you're not certain whether you'll have good coverage in all the areas you'll need to be online, EE offers a 14-day money back guarantee, allowing you to return your device and cancel your contract within the first two weeks of use, so you can try before you're tied in for a longer contract.
EE has the largest 4G network covering considerably more cities and towns than any other provider.
This is thanks to having around a year's head start on setting up their 4G network on their existing spectrum share before any other provider was allowed to bid on the 4G mobile spectrum frequencies freed up by the switch off of analogue TV.
Unlike other providers, all of EE's deals are 4G enabled, as are all the tablets, dongles and mobile WiFi devices they sell. This means you don't have to worry about looking for '4G Ready' deals or equipment, everything they sell is designed for 4G and will work wherever there's coverage.
EE mobile broadband devices
EE offer a range of mobile broadband devices to suit your needs.
EE's mobile WiFi devices allow you to share your double speed 4GEE mobile broadband with up to 10 devices and are free with 24 month contract:
- Osprey - Rugged design in a choice of colours, from free on contract or £59.99 upfront on pay as you go
- Kite - Slender and stylish personal WiFi device, from free on contract or £79.99 upfront on pay as you go
- Buzzard - Designed for in car use and also functions as a USB dongle, from free on contract or £59.99 on pay as you go
EE's tablets start from £29.99 upfront cost on a 24 month contract:
- Eagle - EE's own Android tablet is ultra slim and high spec for a great low price
- iPad Air and Mini - the latest Apple tablet devices available with EE's double speed 4GEE
- Latest Android tablets - Nexus, Samsung and Sony tablets all available with 4GEE
4GEE is also available SIM-only on 30 day rolling contracts, for use with your own device.
EE Film can be a great bonus for film lovers, offering 2-for-1 cinema tickets and discount film downloads.
An attractive extra perk of opting to go with EE (or their 3G brands, Orange and T-Mobile) is that you get access to their EE Film features which let you get 2 cinema tickets for the price of 1 on Wednesdays, access the latest releases in the EE Film Store, and rent a top title every Thursday for only 99p.
All EE Film Store data used to download or stream will be included free in your service until 31st of December 2013. EE Wednesdays codes can be obtained using a 35p text message (accessible via your web control panel) or using the free EE Film app for Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
All EE mobile broadband comes with inclusive EE WiFi, giving you access to hundreds of thousands of WiFi hotspots around the country.
EE WiFi gives you access to BT's OpenZone hotspots in over 200,000 locations and also Virgin Media's WiFi network in over 100 London Underground stations.
There's a free EE Wifi app for Android and iOS to make it hassle free to get online whenever there's a WiFi hotspot available, or you can simply connect to a BT Openzone hotspot as normal and then enter your EE acount name and password to gain access.
To access WiFi on the underground, you just need to register once at any time using a text message. This sends you the password to use for access next time you're on the Underground. You should only need to enter this once on each device.
Largest mobile usage allowances
EE now offer 20GB and 50GB usage allowance on some 24 month contract deals making their 4G service a viable alternative to a fixed line home broadband package for many users.
There's no separate line rental for mobile broadband so when making like-for-like comparisons with fixed line broadband remember to add the £10 to £16 line rental changes to the fixed line figures before comparing with mobile prices.
If you don't use your landline for calls and you get good quality 4G connection from EE, switching to EE mobile broadband could free you from the need to pay for a landline.