Reasons to choose NOW TV
- No contract - Standard and fibre broadband packages are all available without a contract. You'll need to pay a set up fee, but can cancel at any time. It's great for students or anyone with a short tenancy agreement.
- Cheap TV bundles - NOW TV offers a range of TV packages including Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. You'll make a saving if you buy them in a bundle with NOW TV broadband.
- Fibre packages available - NOW TV has fibre packages at up to 38Mb and up to 76Mb speeds.
- Truly unlimited broadband - All the broadband deals are unlimited, so you can download as much data per month as you like.
- Free router and TV hub included - All customers get a free wireless router, and if you choose a TV pass you'll get a free TV Hub too.
- Smartphone and tablet support - You can register up to four other devices to watch your new TV channels on.
- Easy switching from other providers - If you're already with a non-cable provider, like BT or Plusnet, the NOW TV team will handle the entire switchover process for you.
- Online tech support - NOW TV is predominantly an online service, so your options for customer support are more limited than other providers.
- Connection fees apply - A one-off set up fee applies to new customers, and is higher on the no-contract option.
- There may be cheaper options available - While the flexibility of no contracts is a big deal, it does come at a price. Both broadband and TV services from NOW TV are a little more expensive than you might pay if you're willing to enter into a contract with another provider.
- Line rental charges are high - You need to pay for line rental from NOW TV. It's one of the more expensive on the market.
Features at a glance
Up to 17Mb download speeds and up to 1.3Mb upload speeds outside fibre areas, up to 76Mb download and up to 19Mb upload fibre speeds
Truly unlimited on all packages
£60 for all packages, or choose a 12 month contract and connection is only £30
Online technical support between 7am and 11pm
Free Broadband Buddy internet protection with a site filter
Free N-rated NOW TV Hub will all deals
NOW TV Passes available with free Smart Box
Only pay for the calls you use, inclusive call packages available
Details last checked on 2017-02-20
Scroll for More ↓
Details last checked on 2017-02-20
Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for NOW TV.
Customer Ratings Summary
- Customer Service
Based on 47 customer ratings since 2016-09-23
Add your own review of NOW TV
Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 placed, whichever is largest.
Received box early September, due to be live and working Mid September.
Now pushing mid December, was supposed to have 2 engineers visit the apartment on separate occasions (none of which showed up) and still have no internet.
Waste of time.
Posted on 2016-09-13 14:31 in Features Offers Origin BT Sky NOW TV Virgin Media
Good broadband is one of the essentials of student life. You need it for coursework and research; you need it for Game of Thrones and pulling an all-nighter on Call of Duty. But with so many broadband packages to choose from, how do you decide which to go with? What factors do you need to be aware of, and where can you find the best student broadband deals? Let's take a look.
When searching for broadband for your student accommodation you don't just need the best deal, you need the right deal. It's important to get the right length of contract - if you finish uni next June you don't want to still be paying for your broadband in August - and you also need to think about what speeds you need. A student house with two people will have vastly different internet requirements to a house with eight people.
Our newly updated Guide to Student Broadband can help you with this. It's got all the advice you need, and will also point you towards the best offers around.
Top student broadband offers 2016
Fortunately, many providers offer exclusive deals for students. They come with nine month contracts - to cover you during term time and no more - and include superfast fibre broadband options. Here's our pick of some of this year's best student offers.
- Sky Broadband Unlimited for Students: a nine month contract with completely free standard broadband with free connection - you only pay line rental!
- BT Unlimited Infinity for Students: nine month contracts on up to 52Mb and up to 76Mb fibre broadband, with free access to BT Sport and a £25 Costa gift card.
- Virgin Media VIVD 200 for Students: for the largest or most demanding households you can get up to 200Mb fibre broadband (so long as you're in a coverage area). Cheaper 50 and 100Mb packages are also available.
- Origin Broadband: Origin's basic broadband service isn't a student special, but it is one of the cheapest deals around. Get 12 months of internet access for free, paying only line rental.
- NOW TV Fab Fibre with TV pass and Calls: NOW TV offers up to 38Mb fibre broadband with no contract - you can cancel at any time. You get a TV pass, too, with your choices being Entertainment, Sky Cinema or Sky Sports.
Check out our Guide to Student Broadband for the lowdown on all these deals and many more, plus answers to any other questions you might have. Keen video gamer? Want to watch Premier League football? Need mobile broadband on your laptop? That's all covered, too!
NOW TV Buyers Guide
Can I get NOW TV broadband?
NOW TV runs on Sky's broadband network, which has widespread availability throughout the UK.
NOW TV says that their standard broadband service is available to 90% of households within the network area and their fibre broadband is available to 80% of households. You can use our coverage checker to discover whether you're in a NOW TV region. Even if you aren't you will still be able to sign up to one of the company's TV passes.
What packages are available?
NOW TV is owned by Sky, and it offers a range of standard and fibre broadband packages that come with a selection of TV passes, giving you access to SKY Sports, Sky Cinema and other premium TV channels.
The packages include:
- NOW TV Brilliant Broadband with TV Pass and Calls - unlimited "up to 17MB" standard broadband, with your choice of TV pass and optional call package, with no contract
- NOW TV Fab Fibre with TV Pass and Calls - unlimited "up to 38Mb" fibre broadband, with your choice of TV pass and optional call package, with no contract
There's also the faster Super Fibre package with speeds up to 76Mb, which you can select at checkout if it's available in your area. All the options are available on a 12 month contract if you prefer. This comes with a lower connection fee.
All the packages are unlimited, so you can download as much as you like each month, and there are no restrictions on speed during peak hours (although, as always, speeds will vary due to other factors like how many other users are online at any given time).
All NOW TV broadband packages are available without contract. You sign up on a one-month rolling deal and can cancel at any time. Just give notice before your next payment is due. If you choose the 12 month Saver Plan instead you'll need to stay for the year, or pay an early termination fee if you want to switch before your contract has ended.
Each package comes with a TV pass. This is optional, but gives you a saving if bought as a bundle (not included with the Kids Pass). There are four TV passes and you can add as many as you want. The options are:
- Entertainment Pass - includes 11 channels not available on Freeview, such as Sky Atlantic and Fox, plus over 250 box sets on demand
- Sky Cinema Pass - all the Sky Cinema channels, plus access to over 1000 movies on demand
- Sky Sports Pass - all the Sky Sports channels, with Premier League, Formula 1 and Test cricket coverage
- Kids Pass - 6 dedicated channels for children
NOW TV also gives you the option to add a calls service to any of these packages. Your choices are Evening & Weekend Calls or Anytime Calls. Even if you opt to not take one of these you will still need to pay line rental.
Which package should I choose?
With the similarities between all the packages, the main choice is what speed you need.
The Brilliant Broadband package is likely to be good enough for smaller households, or those with more modest requirements. It'll be fine for one user watching Netflix or making large downloads, but may be too slow for several users doing the same thing together.
For larger households, where someone is always streaming, downloading or gaming, the faster Fab Fibre or Super Fibre packages are better for making sure no-one experiences any slowdown.
The no-contract option makes NOW TV an ideal choice for students who might only need the service for nine or ten months in the year. If you do choose the 12 month contract instead it reduces the one-off set up fee significantly, but the monthly prices remain the same. In either case you can change or cancel your TV passes whenever you like.
Points to consider before you choose
Compare all NOW TV packages
- How many people will be using your broadband for streaming, downloading and gaming?
- Are you a student, or do you live in short lease accommodation?
- Do you want premium TV channels without a long-term commitment?
- Do you want to watch TV on your phone or tablet?
- Do you make a lot of landline calls?
What do I get when I sign up?
It's good to know what else is included in the deal, so you can budget for any extras you might need.
- NOW TV Hub - Every broadband package comes with a free N-rated wireless router.
- NOW TV Smart Box - Choose a TV pass and you'll also get a free Smart Box for streaming your new TV channels. It sits below your TV and comes with a remote control.
- Broadband Buddy - This basic security package enables you to activate parental controls, and also helps protect against malware-infected sites (but is not a replacement for anti-virus software).
- Customer support - NOW TV is an online-only service, so customer is available via the internet.
- Mobile device access - You can register up to four other devices, including tablets and smartphones, for use with your NOW TV pass. You can watch on two devices at the same time.
What are the benefits of NOW TV broadband?
What are the main reasons you should consider buying broadband from NOW TV?
- No contract - The one-month rolling deals make NOW TV ideal for students or anyone who doesn't want to sign up to a 12 or 18 month contract.
- Commitment-free TV - Want to watch Game of Thrones or live Premier League football? NOW TV lets you do that without a long term commitment.
- Unlimited usage - There are no download or speed limits on any of the NOW TV broadband packages.
- Fast uploads - Upload speeds on the fastest Super Fibre deal are up to 19Mb, which is better than many rival providers.
What are the drawbacks to NOW TV broadband?
What possible downsides should you be aware of before you sign up?
- High line rental - NOW TV line rental is mandatory, and is at the higher end of the spectrum.
- Set up fee - Signing up to a no-contract deal incurs a one-off set up fee.
- TV can be more expensive - The biggest selling point of NOW TV is the lack of contracts. If you're happy to sign a contract you might find a Sky Broadband-with-TV bundle works out cheaper.
- Online tech support - The tech customer service options for NOW TV are limited. You'll mostly be required to go online for support.